Your Elkwood Electricians
Don't risk a dangerous electrical DIY project. Call CroppMetcalfe at 540-347-3024 for safe and reliable Elkwood, VA electrical repair and installation services.
Performing repairs or installations on your own electrical components is highly discouraged. While there are some home projects that are fine to DIY, electrical work is not one of them. At CroppMetcalfe, we provide high quality electrical repairs and installations that on par with building codes and safety codes in Elkwood, VA. Our customer’s safety is our number one concern.
Benefits of a GFCI Outlet
GFCI stands for ground fault circuit interrupter. These outlets are often found in areas of your home where water is present and the risk of getting a shock is increased. You will often see them in bathrooms, garages and laundry rooms. GFCI outlets are the outlets that typically have the little red and black button on them.
These outlets are designed to sense when a shock is going to come and turn itself off before that happens. They protect your appliances and also protect your family from shocks. GFCI outlets are ideal in these locations because it means that if the outlet is turned off, you can simply push the button on the outlet to turn it back on, rather than going all the way to the breaker.
What is a Power Surge?
A power surge is when the electricity in your home spikes unintentionally causing shock or damage to your device. Surge protectors work to sense when a surge is coming and work to lessen the damage and protect you and your electrical devices. There are many different things that can cause surges. Surges can be split into two categories; outside or inside. Some of the most common causes for surges include:
- Lightning striking your home
- Power outages
- Nearby power lines that have been damaged from collisions or accidents
- Large appliances such as your air conditioner, constantly cycling on and off
- Smaller appliances such as dryers or power tools
Inside power surges are often smaller and less damaging than the outside kind, however you should consider protecting your home against all types of surges to properly protect yourself.
Offering Many Different Quality Electrical Repairs and Installations
- Electrical Repairs
- Outlet Repair & Replacement
- Breaker or Fuse Repair & Replacement
- Breaker Panel Repair & Replacement
- Generator Repair & Replacement
- Panel Box Upgrades & Installation
- Lighting Replacement & Installation
- Ceiling Fan & Chandelier Installation
- Outlet Switch & Installation
- Surge Protection
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installations & Inspections
- Electrical Circuit Interrupters
If you need electrical service that is safe, efficient and affordable, call 540-347-3024 and speak to the team at CroppMetcalfe today.
6649 Gardland Dr. Suite #2
Warrenton, VA 20187