Northern Virginia Outlet Repair & Replacement Services
Do unreliable outlets have you pulling out your hair? Call 540-347-3024 for expert Warrenton, VA outlet repair and replacement by the professionals at CroppMetcalfe.
Nothing can be more worrisome and irritating than an outlet that won’t work properly. With the dangers of electrical problems in your home, it should be a no-brainer to call the professionals as soon as possible. The team at CroppMetcalfe will troubleshoot and diagnose your outlet issues quickly while focusing on a safe and effective repair.
Why does an outlet die?
There are many things that can contribute to a malfunctioning outlet. Some of the most common reasons we see outlets stop working include:
- A tripped breaker - If the outlet becomes overloaded, the breaker will trip and the outlet will stop working.
- The outlet is turned off - In the case of a tripped breaker or if the power has recently gone out, your outlet may simply be turned off.
- CFGI outlet tripping - CFGI outlets are typically located in areas where water is present such as a bathroom or laundry room. These outlets anticipate when a shock is coming and turn off before the shock occurs to protect the user. These outlets can also turn off surrounding outlets and cause them to stop working.
Other reasons for an outlet dying can include bad wiring connections, problems with the breaker or loose or worn out wires.
What should you do if your outlet stops working?
We never recommend completing your own electrical work, besides the legal implications of performing your own electrical work, there is also the danger of electrocution. With that being said, if you are experiencing an issue with your outlet, the first step should be checking your breaker. If the breaker is tripped, you can switch it back and check if that fixes the issue.
If the issue persists, call the experts at CroppMetcalfe. Our team can assess the situation and get the outlet fixed in no time. We will also check your breakers and wiring to discover any underlying reasons why your outlet would stop working. By being thorough, we can prevent any future outlet issues at the same time.
What are the benefits of a GFCI outlet?
A GFCI outlet stands for ground fault circuit interrupter. They are typically found in areas of your home where water is present and there are increased chances for shocks or shorting out. GFCI outlets protect your family by sensing when there is going to be an overload or a shock and turning itself off before the shock occurs. These outlets are usually equipped with a little red and black button in the middle that resets the outlet once it’s been shut off.
What are the Three Types of GFCI Outlets?
There are three types of GFCI outlets that include:
- Receptacle - The most common type, these are the outlets with the red and black buttons in the middle most commonly found in bathrooms, garages, laundry rooms and more.
- Circuit Breaker GFCI’s - These GFCI’s protect the outlets on an entire circuit board.
- Temporary - This type of GFCI is most commonly used on construction sites or during renovations to protect the workers from getting shocked. They are removed once construction is complete or replaced with regular outlets.
CroppMetcalfe provides electrical services & repairs throughout the DMV. Check out our full list of service areas, including: