What to Expect From Termites
Termites generally swarm as the weather warms up, but it's important to remember that they are active all year-round as well. Our certified Pest Inspectors are trained to find the signs of termite infestation, but here are some simple things to be aware of:
- Swarming Termites- These reproductive termites are visible in the Spring months and are usually found around windows, doors, light fixtures, or vents. Even if you don’t see the actual swarm, look for wings or dead termites around these areas.
- Mud Tubes- Termites build "mud" tunnels to travel above ground. These mud tubes provide shelter and protection when they seek wood. You will see them at the base of your foundation or coming up the expansion joints in garages or slab homes. They will also be along baseboards or the wood of your subfloor.
- Damage- Termites damage to wood will sound hollow and if probed, will fall apart rather easily. Clearly we want to prevent this before you see this obvious sign of termites.
Watch the video below to learn more about our Termite Treatment:
Here are some more facts about termites and termite treatment:
Inspection is the Key
The only way to prevent and treat your home properly is through an initial inspection by one of our certified inspectors. No two houses are alike so CroppMetcalfe will customize our treatment to your home. Your inspection will include an inspection report, a treatment graph, and a written proposal. You will know exactly what is included in your treatment.
Our 5-Star Technicians are highly trained. We only hire experienced, drug-tested, and background-tested technicians. CroppMetcalfe is aware that termite treatments are not all the same. We use all the latest technology and products to properly treat your house. Flexibility is the key so we use liquid, foam, baiting, and even green methods of protection.
The CroppMetcalfe Termite Warranty will cover your home as long as you own the house.
- Any future treatments, when necessary, will be covered at no additional cost.
- An annual inspection by one of our Certified Inspectors.
- A WDIR Certificate in the event you sell the house or refinance your house.
- Discounts on all other CroppMetcalfe services.
- Warranties are transferable upon selling of home.
The Risks of No Coverage:
- According to the National Pest Management Association, termites cost homeowners over $5 Billion in damages each year.
- The Metro DC Area is labeled as a heavy area for termite damage. See the map below for more information.
- The average termite damage repair bill is $3,000.00
- Alexandria, VA
- Washington DC
- Fairfax, VA
- Beltsville, MD
- Rockville, MD
Schedule your inspection today.