Jul 11, 2016
Treat yourself to a more comfortable home and receive a gift from CroppMetcalfe during Christmas in July!
Think you’re in need of any of the following services? Check out our Christmas in July giveaway. Have any of the services performed by CroppMetcalfe during the month of July and receive a free 2016 Official White House Christmas ornament.
According to the Department of Energy, water heating is the second largest energy expense in your home. Unfortunately, most people have no idea when their water heater needs to be replaced -- and there are certainly consequences for using an old, inefficient model.
It’s strange that many of us ignore problems like these in our homes. Maybe we hope we’ll be lucky and avoid any issues, or that the situations that do pop up will take care of themselves.
Have a room that’s always too hot or too cold? That’s just the way it is. Termites, mice or other pests? Those happen to someone else, not me. Full-blown sneezing fit every time the AC clicks on? It’s just allergy season, not my dirty ducts.
Let’s get real with each other, people. Let’s solve problems instead of ignoring them. CroppMetcalfe is running a Christmas in July special that allows you to make some of these key home improvements while saving your family money. We’re even giving away a 2016 Official White House Christmas Ornament to people who take advantage of the deal.
Here’s what you need to know about common household issues like water heater replacement, whole house comfort, pest control and duct cleaning.
Water Heater Replacement
Generally, if your water heater is more than 10 years old, it should be considered for replacement. If it’s leaking or failing to properly heat your water, you’ve already lost a lot of efficiency (and money). Look for a few common signs so you know when it’s time for replacement:
- Leaks. If you notice moisture around your water heater, you may have a leak in your water tank (and even a small amount of water can cause damage to your floors, sub-floors and walls). At 60 drips per minute, you can waste around 3,153 gallons per year -- which certainly adds up!
- Rumbling. As water heaters age, sediment builds up on the bottom of the tank. Once the sediment heats up, it hardens, giving off rumbling or banging sounds. This means two things: more wear and tear on the metal tank and less efficiency.
- Cold or rusty water. If you discover cold or rusty water coming from your water heater, it may be a sign that your heater is rusting away on the inside.
Whole House Comfort Check
Are you wasting energy, throwing away dollars or dealing with hot or cold spots? A whole house comfort check may be the solution for you if you’re experiencing any of the following issues:
- You’re considering a new indoor comfort system
- You’re dealing with humid, hot or cold spots in your home
- You or your family members suffer from asthma or allergies
- Your utility bills are especially high
With whole house comfort checks, specially trained air quality consultants will visit your home, identify problems affecting your indoor space and provide permanent solutions for you and your family.
Pest Control Service Agreement
Are you experiencing pest problems in your home? Whether you have seasonal ants in your kitchen or raccoons are causing a ruckus in your yard, pest control services will solve your pest, insect, rodent and wildlife problems.
No matter your issue, CroppMetcalfe has a pest control policy to fit your needs. Choose from bronze, silver or gold pest control agreements for preventative treatments and pest control discounts.
Your pest control service starts with a free estimate and diagnosis from one of our pest removal experts as well as an expert opinion on the best course of action for your home.
When it comes to air quality, duct cleaning is something that can easily be forgotten. Since it’s somewhat tricky to pinpoint when you need your air ducts cleaned, here are a few common signs:
- Dirt and debris in the duct: Be sure the air flowing through your ducts is as clean as possible.
- Pests or rodents: If you happen to see signs of rodents, insects or pests, you may have an infestation problem.
- Allergies: If you or your family members are sneezing, coughing or feeling allergic to something, you may have mold clogging your ducts.
A visit from a professional air duct cleaner will provide better overall performance, more energy efficiency and prevent maintenance problems before they start.
This promotion is only good during the month of July and while supplies last. Please call 703-698-8855 to schedule or request additional information today.