The Plains Plumbers
What makes the difference between a clean, dry basement and a flooded one? A good sump pump! Call CroppMetcalfe at 540-347-3024 for expert The Plains, VA plumbing services.
You may never think about your sump pump until after a heavy rainfall and your basement is knee-deep in water. By then, the damage is done. Be proactive and ensure your sump pump is working properly before rainy season hits. Book your maintenance call today.
CroppMetcalfe is the leading home comfort service provider in The Plains, VA and surrounding areas. Our fully licensed and insured team is here to help. Have an urgent plumbing emergency? No problem. We’ll dispatch emergency repair technicians 24/7.
Sump Pump: Your Defence Against Basement Flooding:
We receive so many emergency calls after a heavy rainfall due to basement flooding. Other factors that lead to flooding include poor grading or drainage, a malfunctioning sump pump or clogged pipes. An annual maintenance call ensures your sump pump is in good working condition. The American Society of Home Inspectors states that over 60% of homes in America experience below-ground wetness.
Here are a just a few things we can do during a service call:
- Remove dirt, gravel and other household debris from the sump pump and barrel.
- Disconnect outdoor hoses during the cooler months to prevent freezing.
- Install a backup battery-powered sump pump in case of a power outage.
- Explain the differences between pedestal, submersible, backup, battery-operated and heavy duty sump pumps and see which is best for you.
Besides keeping your home dry, a sump pump also helps to improve overall air quality by maintaining healthy humidity levels which prevents harmful mold or mildew from growing.
Signs You Need Slab Leak Repair:
A slab leak, also known as a foundation leak, is a type of pinhole leak formed in your water line that runs under your home’s foundation. Here are a few red flags to watch out for:
- An unusual spike in utility bills — this typically indicates a leaking pipe.
- Pooling water on your soggy lawn, or wet planters surrounding your house.
- Soaking wet carpets and baseboards in basement.
- Moisture or leaking from under your water heater but the stand is dry.
- Unusual patches of warm areas on basement floor.
So what exactly causes a slab leak? There are many possible causes including corrosion of pipes, natural shifting of the earth beneath your house which crushes pipes, and vibrations from nearby construction sites. Prevent costly water damage and wood rot by repairing a slab leak as soon as possible.
See why CroppMetcalfe has received the Super Service Award by Angie’s List for four years and counting. Call us at 540-347-3024 for reliable The Plains plumbing and water heater services.