Need More Help? Use the Form Below or Call 1-888-559-6352

The email address and phone number are good ways to reach me.

Your Orlean Electricians

Do you want skilled electricians to install & inspect your carbon monoxide detector? Call 540-347-3024 for expert Orlean, VA electrical repair & installation. 

To protect your family’s safety and for peace of mind, every home should have a proper carbon monoxide (CO) detector installed. We take this part of our jobs seriously. Not only do we install CO detectors, we also help to ensure they’re working properly and check your furnace and other gas-burning appliances for gas leaks.

CroppMetcalfe is proud to be an A+ member of the Better Business Bureau since 2000. Our team of home comfort specialists are here to serve you in Orlean, VA with 24/7 emergency repair services for electrical, plumbing and HVAC. 

Stay Protected from this Colorless, Odorless Gas:

Because carbon monoxide is so difficult to detect, it can sneak into your home and cause CO poisoning, even from brief, low levels of exposure. In severe cases, it can cause death. Your CO detector should emit a loud sound to alarm you if CO is ever detected. The best place to install it is outside your bedroom door.

CroppMetcalfe is proud to be the only Fauquier County contractor certified by the National Comfort Institute for carbon monoxide and combustion analysis. This means that our electricians are trained to properly measure the levels of oxygen (O) and carbon dioxide (CO2) for optimal fuel efficiency for your boiler, furnace and water heater. The level of carbon monoxide (CO) is measured for safety and health.

One of the leading causes of CO poisoning is from leaks in faulty gas or oil furnaces or water heaters. This is why it’s so vital to have these heating systems regularly checked for safety.

Signs of CO poisoning:

  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Shortness of breath
  • Headaches
  • Fatigue

What’s the Importance of a Circuit Breaker?

The job of a circuit breaker is to prevent appliances in your home from overheating through electrical overloads. If an overload occurs, appliances can be harmed and can become an electrical fire hazard. With all the appliances and electronic devices in homes today, it can be easy to overload the electrical circuits.

Here are a few signs your circuit breaker needs repair:

  • Burning odor from the main breaker panel.
  • Unusual sounds such as buzzing, hissing or popping.
  • Damage to wiring, or signs of smoke stains on metal.
  • Feels hot to the touch.
  • Circuit breaker frequently trips.

If these warning signs are left unrepaired for too long, it may cause fire or electrical shocks.

Trust CroppMetcalfe's team of experienced and fully licensed and insured electricians to fix any electrical problems, large or small. Call us at 540-347-3024 to book your appointment today.


What Our Customers Say...

"I've been a CroppMetcalfe customer for 9 years and you have always provided outstanding service. I just had my semi-annual maintenance done, and I wanted to thank George for the truly outstanding service, professionalism, and excellent advice. He is definitely one of the best 5-Star Technicians I've had! Thank you CroppMetcalfe!"

Bill H