Your Jeffersonton Electricians
For electrical service so good, it's shocking call CroppMetcalfe! Dial 540-347-3024 for a quote on expert Jeffersonton, VA electrical repair and installation.
The power in your home does more than just provide a light to read by. Electrical devices in your home such as carbon monoxide detectors or electrical circuit interrupters can save your life and prevent you from experiencing harmful shocks or electrocution. When it comes to electrical services by CroppMetcalfe, safety is our top priority.
Why do I Need a Carbon Monoxide Detector?
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is the byproduct of when the fuels in your furnace combust. If your furnace is producing too much carbon monoxide, it can cause serious health concerns and even death. Many states, including Virginia have laws that require residential homes to have carbon monoxide detectors. We recommend placing them on every floor of your home, but especially near the bedrooms.
Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause flu-like symptoms that include nausea, headache, and dizziness and can eventually lead to brain damage. Having a carbon monoxide detector in your home can save your life and protect your family.
Types of Electrical Circuit Interrupters:
There are many different types of electrical circuit interrupters that you can have in your home. Some of the most common include:
- GFCIs - This stands for ground fault circuit interrupter. A GFCI is an outlet usually found in your bathroom, garage or laundry room that protects you from experiencing a shock. The outlet senses if it’s going to become overloaded and produce a shock and then turns itself off before it gets a chance.
- AFCIs - Standing for arc fault circuit interrupter these circuit interrupters work by limiting the arcs of electricity that can come off loose or unstable connections. These bad connections can lead to excess heat and electrical problems, an AFCI senses when an arc will occur and shuts down the circuit before it has a chance.
Call and Ask about Other Safe and Reliable Electrical Services:
- Electrical Repairs
- Outlet Repair & Replacement
- Breaker or Fuse Repair & Replacement
- Breaker Panel Repair & Replacement
- Generator Repair & Replacement
- Panel Box Upgrades & Installation
- Lighting Replacement & Installation
- Ceiling Fan & Chandelier Installation
- Outlet Switch & Installation
- Surge Protection
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installations & Inspections
- Electrical Circuit Interrupters
Performing an electrical DIY is always advised against, whether it’s the dangers that can come with an improper installation, the risk of injuring or electrocuting yourself or the legal implications that an improper installation can foster, calling a professional for electrical work is always a better idea.
Trust CroppMetcalfe with your electrical repair and installation. Call 540-347-3024 today for a quote.