Your Casanova Plumbers
Have you noticed strange gurgling noises coming from your toilet? This might be a clogged pipe. Call CroppMetcalfe at 540-347-3024 for reliable Casanova, VA plumbers.
Usually when there is a plumbing problem, you’ll notice it. Whether it’s strange noises, or slow draining or leaking, you’ll know something is amiss. The difference between a minor problem and a full-blown catastrophe is whether you choose to ignore warning signs or pick up the phone to call a plumber.
CroppMetcalfe's team of fully licensed and insured plumbers are on hand to help you with your everyday and emergency plumbing needs. We’re proud to serve you in Casanova, VA and surrounding region.
Why we don’t Recommend Chemical Drain Cleaners
You have a clogged drain and you want to fix the problem. You have a bottle of chemical drain cleaner. Before you start dumping harsh chemicals down the pipes, you should know that this is only a temporary fix. The DIY chemical drain cleaner might partially dissolve whatever is clogging your pipe, but it doesn’t fully remove it.
The harsh chemicals in the cleaning solution may also damage the inside of pipes with prolonged use. So, just use it sparingly. If the problem persists, call a plumber for a professional drain cleaning.
Signs of a Sewer Line Problem
Nobody wants to even think about it. But if you’ve noticed some of the following signs you might have a damaged sewer line:
- Loud, gurgling noises. You know that’s not your stomach growling, it’s coming from your toilet. If after flushing your toilet makes loud, gurgling noises, this may be a blocked pipe. A red flag is after you flush, water comes back up another fixture or drain.
- Slow-as-a-snail draining. Showers, sinks and toilets that are very slow to drain might indicate tree root penetration into your sewer line. This is the most common cause of broken sewer lines in older homes or plumbing systems.
- Decreased water flow. If you’ve noticed an obvious change in your water pressure or water flow, this may indicate possible corrosion in your pipes.
- Strong, foul odors. Your nose will let you know if there is a sewage backup. One whiff is all it takes…
- Water build-up on lawn. Pools or puddles of water on your lawn could be a sign of a leaking pipe.
- Ballooning water bill. An unexplainable hike in your monthly water bill could indicate a water leak.
The best way to avert a plumbing disaster is to be proactive. If you’ve noticed something unusual in your plumbing system, don’t hesitate to call a plumber.
See why we’ve been awarded the Super Service Award by Angie’s List for four years (and counting). Call CroppMetcalfe at 540-347-3024 for knowledgeable Casanova plumbers.