Your Calverton Plumbers
Are you looking for quick, reliable 24/7 emergency plumbing service? We’d love to help. Call CroppMetcalfe at 540-347-3024 for licensed and insured Calverton, VA plumbers.
When you have a burst pipe, clogged drain or something that needs urgent attention, we’re here to help in and around Calverton, VA. We understand that plumbing emergencies don’t always occur during ‘regular business hours.’ Our team is on call for emergencies — even late at night, way past bedtime.
The Worst Drain Clogging Items:
If you want to create a sink backup, throw all of these items down the drain at once. Otherwise, keep your drains clear of the following items as much as possible:
- Grease and oil. Just as it coats your frying pans, it’ll also coat the inside of your pipes making the openings smaller over time and more prone to clogging. It also leaves a nasty odor! Pour grease in a sealed container to dispose of it.
- Coffee grounds. Grease + coffee grounds = disaster.
- We all shed hair so it’s virtually impossible to stop all hair from going down the drain. The best way to prevent this is to use a drain net to catch hair and other debris.
Common Problems with Older Pipes:
Perhaps you live in an older home. Older plumbing systems were often made of galvanized steel, or sometimes lead. Your plumbing system may need to be upgraded or repaired to keep up with household demand and safety. If your home is built prior to 1960, you might experience some of the following problems:
- Increased home insurance premiums. Some insurers charge more if you have lead or galvanized steel piping as they are outdated materials and have a shorter lifespan.
- Leaky pipes. Older pipes with weakened structures are more susceptible to leaks and ruptures.
- Lack of hot water. Living in an older home may require some patience when you turn on the hot water tap. Older systems may have low pressure, or have clogged pipes.
- Risk of sewer line rupture. Many sewer lines in older homes run from the house to the street. Over the years, tree roots have likely grown into the sewer line, increasing the chance for a sewer line break.
Take preventative measures to ensure the safety and comfort of your home. While you may not see visible signs of damage, many older pipes were smaller and just can’t keep up with the demand of your household. CroppMetcalfe offers a variety of services to help you such as repiping, burst pipe repair and trenchless sewer line repair.
Call CroppMetcalfe at 540-347-3024 today to reach your local Calverton plumbers.