Feb 16, 2018
2017: Year in Review
CroppMetcalfe has been in business for nearly 40 years. With each passing year, we continue to grow.
We just completed another fantastic year— just look at these numbers:
- We gained over 7,000 new customers and drove a record 3.3 million miles to serve over 140,000 homes and businesses in the DMV area.
- We saw 10% growth in our Home Performance department.
- The Residential HVAC brought in about 4% more than the previous year in revenue.
Tim Cropp, our company president, attributes our ongoing success to three factors:
1. Industry Leadership. Staying active, Tim notes, helps the company stay sharp. “[We are] actively involved in our industry associations,” he explained. “ Not just joining, but being present and active on the boards.”
2. Our commitment to customer service through our service agreements program. “We were one of the first companies to offer service agreements to help our customers plan their maintenance throughout the year,” Tim says. “We have continued to renew and add to our customer base — and now we’ve built that to over 30,000 strong.”
3. Comprehensive employee training. Our five-star technicians aren’t grown on trees! It takes a major investment in our people to make sure we stay on top of the Northern Virginia home service industry.
“We’ve always been known as a company who’s trained the industry,” Tim says. “We’re proud of that. That led us to developing our own state-recognized apprenticeship program where we are attracting people to our industry. This is very important because overall, more people are retiring from our industry than new people coming in. Our apprenticeship program is trying to correct that by offering careers to people who choose not to go to college but still want a career where they can make a good living to support their families.”
What’s on deck for 2018?
Like anyone with New Year’s resolutions, we hope to build upon our successes as well as what we’ve learned. We will, of course, continue to provide quality service to our customers.
Tim breaks down our company goals for 2018 into three categories:
1. People – Talent, Commitment, Communications & Performance. CroppMetcalfe has always valued people. In 2018, we hope to continue strengthening our communications through reliable customer service, as well as by growing our talent pool of qualified technicians.
2. Growth – Metrics & Market Share. Numbers and statistics are important indicators of success, particularly for growing businesses like us. Our goal for 2018 is to increase our market share to service more customers in the DMV area.
3. Culture – Safety, Coworker Engagement, Teamwork & Career Paths. In order for a business to succeed, you need happy employees. We’ll continue to provide our employees with an environment that is safe and supportive so that they can do their best work for our customers.
We hope your 2017 experience with CroppMetcalfe was exceptional—and that your 2018 experience will be even better. Give us a call at 1-877-740-6657 or contact us
online for any of your home services needs.